Vertical respects the privacy of our users and has
who is a user of msd.team (and all websites and URL’s controlled or operated by
msd.team which link to this policy, unless otherwise specified) or our
services, or otherwise provide us with information through various means the
information we collect, how that information may be used, with whom it may be
shared, and your choices about such uses and disclosures.
Who we are?
The msd.team web site, (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Hi Pro Electronics (a registered private company in Greece) 76 Tzavela Street, Piraeus 18454. “MSD” means Marine Services Directory
What information do we collect?
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in Greece and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and in addition, for Professionals, your credit card number and other personally identifiable information. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include (but are not limited to): updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional [or other] e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including (but not limited to) our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
How do we use personal information?
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- communicate with you with regard to partially completed service requests;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties, on Service Professionals
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. For Professionals, we may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enrol you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to pre-qualify Professionals to participate in our directory service, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Job applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information may be shared with our other companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and
with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about
you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website or performing background checks of Professionals. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Professionals. We match your information and service request against our list of Professionals. When you submit a match request through our website, you consent to our providing your personal information and request to the Professionals we match with your request. Sharing this information with Professionals allows them to contact you using the e-mail address or other contact information you provided. In addition, we have other approved contractual partners that fulfill service requests, or that utilize their own Professionals to supplement our network, and we share your information with them, subject to contractual confidentiality restrictions, in order to attempt to provide the services requested. If using our services pursuant to a membership with one of our partners, MSD may share your service request activity information with such partner. We may also release information to collection and/or credit agencies for past due Professional accounts.
- Direct mail partners. From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to have us share your postal mailing information with these selected providers, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Any third parties to whom we may disclose personal information may have
their own privacy policies which describe how they use and disclose personal
information. Those policies will govern use, handling and disclosure of your
personal information once we have shared it with those third parties as
practices, we encourage you to visit the websites of those third parties. These
entities or their servers may be located either inside or outside Greece.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising. For Professionals, we may share your business contact information with third parties, including but not limited to, business name, address, telephone number, email address and name of owner or proprietor of the business.
How do we secure personal data?
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic
and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from
unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are
permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted
business functions. We use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from
gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Storage of data and security
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on our secure servers or in secure filing systems and your information is processed in accordance with European data protection laws. However, your information may be transferred to countries outside the EEA. By way of example, this may happen if one or more of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers or group companies is located in a country outside the EEA. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected in an adequate way.
In addition, if you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
Your stored personal information will be deleted if you revoke your consent, if storage of data is no longer necessary to serve its purpose or if storage is impossible due to other reasons (e.g. conflicting legal regulations).
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee security of your data which you send to us via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Accessing, rectifying, removing, blocking, restricting or revoking of personal information
You may exercise any of the following rights by writing us or sending us an email (Please see Section 12 – Contact information below):
• request access to your personal information, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom personal information is disclosed;
• request proper rectification, removal, blocking or restriction of your personal information the processing of which does not comply with the provisions of applicable data protection law, in particular because of the incomplete or inaccurate nature of the personal information;
• revoke your consent to processing of your personal information at any time;
• object at any time, out of legitimate and reasonable grounds in connection to your particular case, that your personal information shall be subject to processing;
· request to exercise your right to data portability; we will comply with your request as far as technically feasible.
Furthermore you may take legal action in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your personal information. You may also lodge complaints before the competent data protection supervisory authority.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you (e.g. by providing you with a copy of this information), or request that we change and/or update the personal information we hold, by contacting us.
Upon request, we will give you access to the personal information held about you, unless specific limitations apply (e.g. if providing access would be unlawful).
We will respond to a request for access to personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made, and give access to the personal information in the manner requested by you, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
If we do not agree to provide you with access, or to amend your personal information as requested, you will be notified accordingly. Where appropriate, we will provide you with the reason/s for our decision, and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal. If the rejection relates to a request to change your personal information, you may make a statement about the requested change and we will attach this to your record.
Blogs, bulletin boards, reviews and chat rooms
We may provide areas on our websites where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others, as well as post reviews of products, establishments, contractors, and the like, or upload content (e.g. pictures, videos, audio files, etc.). Such postings are governed by our Terms & Conditions. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
How to contact us?
If you have any queries with regard to our data processing practices please contact your usual MSD.TEAM contact or send us an email to sales(at)msd.team or write to us at Hi Pro Electronics 76 Tzavela Str. Nikaia 18454 Piraeus Greece
Hi Pro Electronics, All rights reserved.
Cookies are small files stored by your browser software that identify your device to the cookie owner’s server. Cookies help us to provide you with a better Site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not, and by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. It also helps us to provide other services such as targeted advertisements. You can turn off cookies in your browser.
Types of cookies:
There are two main types of cookies that we use: “Session” cookies – which only last for the duration of your browser session and expire when you close it and “Remember Me” cookies (also known as “Persistent” cookies) – cookies that remain on your computer after you close your browser and computer to remember you when you return to the Site.
• obtain statistical information about your general internet usage and learn how you and others use the Site, and to improve the Site and deliver a better service to you;
• remember your session so that you can move from one page to another within the Site;
• store your preferences; and
• customise elements of layout and/or content of the Site for your preference and ease of use.
Removal of cookies
You can remove cookies from your Browser. Most web browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to use the full functionality of the Site and your user experience may be adversely affected. You can learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
A simple way of removing cookies may be to go to the “Tools” option in your web browser and select “Settings”. To delete all cookies on your computer to date, select “Clear Browsing History” and to set options for future cookies, select “Cookies” and the options you wish to apply to your web browser.
Third party cookies
Cookies are also set by third parties on the Site (such as Google Analytics, Google Maps and Google Ads) e.g. for advertising purposes or enhancement of the Site. We do not have access to these cookies. We only allow them to be served. However, we may use the anonymised statistical information provided to us by Google Analytics arising from these third party cookies, for example, to monitor usage of the Site or improve the targeting of advertisements to users of the Site. You will find details about Google Analytics in the special section below.
The third parties that generate these cookies and action tags have their own privacy policies describing how they use information that they collect. More information about cookies placed by specific third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website and to generate an “opt-out” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your device. For instructions regarding the opt-out of Google services see www.google.com/policies/privacy/. You can also visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) website at http://youronlinechoices.eu/ for information on how to obtain an “opt-out” cookie from other third parties.
Advertisements on the Site and links to other websites
Advertisements in newsletters and emails by third parties
Third party content